The man is at the end of his days in the physical sense: lung cancer has ravaged the body of Edo Aram, the mysterious if kindly tenth Grand Master of the Egyptian Order of Osiris - Scala of Naples - Arcana Arcanorum, for a year.
On that day of July 21 in the year of the Lord 1983, the most secretive fellowship that goes directly back to ancient Egypt of the pharaohs and transplanted in Naples in the year 67 A.D. with the famous Egyptian Alexandrian colony, located among those, close to the ancient Greek Roman theater of Neapolis.
The Alexandrians then gradually merged with the population and traditions of Naples, with the Albigensian refugees from Provence in 1244; again with the Arabs and the Italian Templars who themselves fled between 1308 and 1310.
The latter had come to Naples aided by many conventual orders: the Benedictines, the Circestensians, the Celestines, the Antonites and then the Franciscans.
The Templars mingled among the convent apothecary alchemists, particularly at San Martino and San Biagio dei librai, m nd also among the amanuensis copyists of valuable works of history and philosophy, classical and Christian, including some treatises on philosophy by the Rosicrucians, a secular religious Christian brotherhood.
The Rosicrucians, having reached a high degree of consciousness and intellectual caliber, indicating themselves with a single signes , r+c, created the Schola napolitana filosofica, with exponents such as Beccadelli known as the Panormita, Giovanni Pontano, Tommaso Campanella, Giordano Bruno, Cagliostro, and even several members of the Sansvero family of priciples, scientists and alchemists, including Raimondo de Sangro (our Past Master).
In more recent times the school also followed Pasquale de Servis, called Itzar, born in 1818 in Caserta and died in Portici in 1891, friend of Kremmerz, in the century the porticese Ciro Formisano.
Eduardo Nappa asked to be cremated and to change the name of the sodality of the 24 Osiridean students of Arenella, Cenacolo di Studi Rosicruciani "Eugenio Arama," dedicated to the English philologist,to Cenacolo "La Fenice". Recommending that his students take that famous wooden box that was brought to safety and hidden during World War II in Villa Lebano.
The box found in the Nappa house in July 1983 contained Cagliostro's 7 manuscripts, and had passed from hand to hand to trusted scholars.
The manuscripts were first kept in the house by Vincenzo de Sangro until 1783 and then given in 1795 to Baron Lorenzo de Montemayor; from them they were entrusted in 1821 to Domenico Bocchini and in 1840 to Pasquale de Servis, the famous Izar of Portici.
Passed in 1893 to Kremmerz, they were handed over in 1896 to Lebano and by the latter in 1910 to his son-in-law Giuseppe Cuccurullo, who in turn entrusted themin 1948 to Vincenzo Gigante, who in 1953 submitted them to Antonio Ariano studies.
The following year they passed into the hands of Antonio d'Aquino and in 1962 came to our own Eduardo Nappa.
And the story continues ...
By Michele di Lorio